Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Matter of fact

How much ever I hate physics, it is the law of gravity that binds us together. There is no running away from all those theories because even before they were discovered, they’ve governed our lives. All the theories stand true in their own frames of references, with their own coordinates.

Two physical bodies have a force of attraction that is directly proportional to their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance separating them. When these two bodies roll and are set into motion, laws of speed and momentum take over. When two bodies collide law of collision and conservation of energy explains the impact.

Blown and ripped apart in tiny particles, I wonder if I traveled faster than light could I see myself rolling flat out, heading for the collision. I wonder, could I not see it coming? If I could travel faster than light, I wouldn’t be me anymore, I wouldn’t be a mass, I would be then the energy. Energy, which no one could create and she couldn’t destroy. Energy that could only be converted from one form to another. Energy that can’t be seen but can only be felt.

However, I stood still. Like a big blob of mass. Like a round stone- dead, immobile, dry, shapeless and rough. Destiny waited till the dividing factor of distance reduced. Reduced, just enough to imbalance the force equation and make it impossible for the stone to remain stationary. Rough rubble of ego and self-control all of a sudden gives way to this stone and on a friction nullified surface of self-esteem I surrender to the gravity. My mass is multiplied almost ten times but I fall free and I fall clean. Even if I could travel faster than light would I really want to see my self…I guess not.

Rolling down I come through the nothingness of world with my insignificant mass and myopic existence till I bounce of some asteroid, steering just clear of some eternal black holes. I survive, entering an orbit. Orbit where I account for a mere mass, a mass which is set in a circular motion, which shall not discontinue till truly existent centripetal force keeps balancing out the pseudo centrifugal force. I can’t feel the gravity anymore, I do not know the trueness of my patience and affection, neither am I convinced of the pseudo repelling perception. I do not understand the reality any more as it is nothing more than a possibility of relativity to me hereafter. I revolve. Patiently, she stands alone, holding it all with in, governing my trajectory – a blob of mass, sprung to life-now just revolves. Tirelessly, impatiently, helplessly it revolves.

Life is an eternally balanced equation of forces. Forces that I recognise but do not control. I’m not afraid of speaking my mind because I’m not afraid of gravity. I’m not afraid of my orbits and limitation. I’ve accepted my insignificant existence. I’m not afraid of an imbalance that might either cut me loose of my orbit to get lost in the nothingness of this universe nor am I afraid to collapse and burn in that mass that I’ve orbited for so long.

I accept, I admit and I understand. I speak. I retaliate. I adapt. I see, I feel and I understand.

Inevitable force of attraction has left plenty of fireflies in the space that light my life bright and clean, I can see and I’m ready for it. However, time is not the luxury we have, wish you realise this before the mass disappears into the energy.

I’m here, I’m this. I’m now.

Neo

9 comments:

  1. hmm... wat can i say...
    only that ur physics basics are crystal clear... ;) ;))
    -JC

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Life is an eternally balanced equation of forces. Forces that I recognise but do not control. I’m not afraid of speaking my mind because I’m not afraid of gravity. I’m not afraid of my orbits and limitation. I’ve accepted my insignificant existence."

    Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know your physics alright...but even better, you know your metaphysics too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful :) has got me thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never quite thought of physics in conjuction with relationships...u write well Neo...good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the finest cogitation that I ever came across, Nachi. Keep up the excellent writing: it fuels life with inspiration. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If everything was so clear as you write it down it'd be much easier... Luckily real people's lives are not determined (only) by physics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well written article.

    ReplyDelete