Thursday, October 4, 2007

I think u know


I think you know how it feels

I don’t know if you’ve been there or not

But sure as hell I’ve been

When you reach a point

You know, you swam too far to return

And you know you don’t have much left to go on

But, the horizon still shines

With that crimson light and eluding hope

When you realise you’ve gone the distance

You never knew about till you realized it

When you look at your life and

Feel

My life is a mess

“God, just fix it once and I promise I’ll never let it come to this”

If there is a God, then he knows and so do you

It is going to return to square one, again.

So why fix it?

But,

Your broken heart and numb eyes

Still see light at the end of the tunnel.

Red is too harsh on eyes

And thus you can recognise pleasing green

However, what do you do when you’re denied even black n white

And you sink in gray…

I think you know how it feels

When you can fight your sleep but not the dreams

When there is stability but you’ve lost your purpose

When you are made to exchange

A smile for a veil

Reality for perception

and

Instincts for deception

When you understand, precisely when you don’t really have to

When you don’t know if you are

A foolish optimist or a wise pessimist

Being bigger man or fighting for bits of self-esteem

When you know

No one does nothing for no-one

There ain’t no free lunches

When feelings sound good only in books

When words lose life with in

And life loses its meaning

I think you know how it feels

When you hit the bottom and hit it so hard

That you notice the warm breath you exhale

And the puff of dust rises from the ground, never to settle down.

I’m sure you know.

Neo

3 comments: