Saturday, February 9, 2008

Carefully

I’ve walked enough and climbed over enough mountains

All this while have I been in search of an oasis?

Don’t know

But I’ve watched the earth go in circles hoping to get closer to the Sun someday.

Some days she bathes in the pure warmth of Sunshine

And she pulls on days in the slumber of dark nights

I’ve kept going just watching her go on.

Now, I’m tired and broke.

I’ve lost my spine

I’ve lost my smile

I’ve lost my home.

I’m poor now.

I’m down, not having enough strength to stand up for my dreams

I hold my dreams up-close tightly to my heart.

Please, Please…as you crush my dreams under your ruthless feet,

Do it fast but do it carefully,

I know they will crumble and go down and take me with them.

I know they will shed silent tiers

And I want to hear them cry

I want to see them break

I want to feel them disappear in no where.

Please crush me and take away all that makes me- me.

But do it carefully because I don’t want you to miss

I don’t want another bruise that won’t bleed me to death

I’m sad but not afraid

Stamp over my dreams but do it carefully

Don’t turn back,

You might shed a tear or two.

Please don’t

Be careful.

Neo

3 comments:

  1. neo,
    wats wrong???
    no replies to mails also!!!
    wat u doin huh???

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa!!
    So much of girth in your ever expanding capacity to go thru' the worst :)
    The hide and seek that u play with truth and dare is grand, but equally worrisome.
    Take care, tread on firm ground, no spine is lost, no smile fades, no one is poor,plain experience makes you a wiser person to take things into your stride,
    wisdom lies in facing the moment and rising up, fighting for that cause, yes, some will be hurt, some will die but the result is what matters,is it worth the pain??
    Smiles.

    ReplyDelete