Thursday, February 21, 2008

Believe

I’ve a friend, if she would write what she told me she would write it something like this :-

All things might be connected, but they are simple and beautiful. You need to see it.

I’ve not seen you this intense in long time, what’s matter with you. What happened?

For once you sound concerned but not angry. May be disappointed but you aren’t rolling up your sleeves and letting your tongue loose. For once I’m seeing you think beyond yourself and you want to give up yet?

Life has just begun. If you think this is all you had and you gave it all and it isn’t working, then maybe you haven’t given it all. Give some more and have patience. Remember when we used to stand by the sea and used to see that old man feed pigeons. You always rushed to feed them and what happened; they all flew away, didn’t they?

Remember how proudly the old man told you, “They are mine and they will always come back to me.” You just frowned and threw all the bread-crump away and ran off. He said something on your back, you didn’t hear it but I did, “They don’t come easy. They don’t stay if you try and hold them back. Instead, smile, have a clean heart and feed them all that you got and watch them take onto the horizon. Don’t run after them, have faith – they will come back to you.”

Life isn’t sweet lofty dreams but it isn’t compromise and why should it be? When you are convinced be convinced.

I’m so happy to hear your voice today. You are like that child who is not hurt by the wound itself but with the fact that no one is there to soothe him. Don’t be. One gets what one can handle, just that it seems difficult at times.

I’m not here to promise you anything, I don’t think I can. I can’t predict future neither can I change your past. Presently, you are miles away, I can’t even give you a hug. But since you are still listening to me,

“I want you to believe in yourself. I want you to live your feelings. Trust in them not for anyone but for yourself. Be honest to yourself and be patient. Be honest with your feelings for as long as you can be. This isn’t poker to say double or quits, but still give all you’ve got. And Relax a bit. Don’t’ theorize everything because you can’t and you shouldn’t. Keep your expectations apart from your feelings for someone. Although, don’t deny your instincts because that is what makes you human. Don’t be afraid of consequences because that is just another word for unexpected results. If your love, honesty and feelings are enslaved by time and circumstance then I don’t think you are the friend I’d met. And hey take it easy. Go early to bed, guess you’ve got office tomorrow.”

1 comment: