Friday, January 11, 2008

What you bring to the table


May that be game of poker, talk over the coffee or upfront across the table discussion… It always matters what you bring to the table.

I’ve dreamt of pulling of bluffs and as a matter of fact I’ve pulled some off. However, real life is way different that a little game of Poker. I’ve betted high right from the three cards on the table up until the fifth one, there wouldn’t be a drop of sweat or freckle of anxiety on my face. And yeah, more often than not I’ve swept the table and walked clean with my bluff.

But, this time around am scared, not about the cup of coffee but about that across the table discussion. Neither I’m playing poker nor am I wearing my heart on my sleeves. This is about hard business. This is about results, about team work, about delivering, about initiative and it is about contributing.

This time around, I can learn a lot and take a lot out of it however; my pockets are empty as I drag myself to that table. My wits won’t help, its time to put the thinking cap on and sprint shoes on and pull the got damn socks up.

Hey, hope you listening, would love a stroke of luck…

-Empty pockets

2 comments: