Friday, November 2, 2007

The sky last night… reminded me

Empty bottle and consumed mind wouldn’t let me sleep

Eventually, folded open the chair and hung out on the terrace

There was a cool breeze and moist air

I put my leg on the railing and sunk back in my chair

Aimlessly staring at the infinity

Shiny stars caught my eyes.

Searching and analysing strange pattern

Suddenly I realised

How beautiful the dark sky looked…

It reminded me

Reminded me that I am alone

But I shouldn’t feel lonely

I don’t know where to go

But I shouldn’t feel lost

I don’t know who to trust

But I shouldn’t lose the faith

It assured me

Assured me that

With all its stars

It shall keep me accompanied

All throughout the dark night

Even if I fell asleep

It will keep the darkness

Lit with stars

If I couldn’t find my way back home

Sirius will always shine bright for me

It smiled at me

Quietly pointing at the lost n lonely moon

It wanted me to see

Amongst the cluster of prettiest and shining stars

How lonely the moon awaited

Tirelessly borrowing the light to reflect

To soothe someone

To accompany someone through the dark night

And I questioned

If the moon felt lonely…

With the blow of each breeze

The clouds slid by smoothly

Tenderly giving way to those milky stars

And spotless skies

With every passing moment

I could see more and more stars

And now I was unable to keep track of them

Guess that is what the dark skies wanted out of me

I gave in

But just before my eyelids got heavy

And I filled my lungs with breath

I blinked

And it reminded

I’m not alone

I’m still not free

I still miss you.

Neo

2 comments:

  1. you should rename your blog 'apocryphal, abstract, endless, maddening, and someone else's reality' ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think u need to let go ... Dolly.

    ReplyDelete