Saturday, November 10, 2007

kido

No matter how many years I add to my life or how many sunrises and
sunset I witness or how many people I meet or how many situation I
successfully or unsuccessfully handle, I still seem to be a kid.

A kid who needs zillion reasons to be happy and just one tiny reason
to get upset and throw a tantrum. Life seem to put me into test every
now and then and I seem to fail with flying colours to prove once
again to my self and mock at life that I still am a kid and I guess I
will die like one.

Yesterday, I had all the reasons in the world to smile, to look up to
something and Oh my good lord, you know I had a smile of a kid who is
promised a Disneyland trip. But, hey, life bitches sometimes…doesn't
it?

Well, I find myself lucky that I still have people who welcome me and
put in efforts to enjoy my company and make me feel at home. I really
wonder if I belong anywhere and if will ever feel find something I
belong truly to.

I landed up at a friends place. Well, more than friend let us call him
my mentor. Old and wise. Settled and steadfast. Young and a family
man. Let us call him my saviour for the day.

I stepped into house and I waited. Seriously feeling out of place.
Minutes later he walks out, with his kid.

That was it, that little innocent kid kept looking at me for minutes,
wondering who is this person visiting us on such a auspicious day?
What is he doing here ? what does he do?
Well for all that I know he might have been wondering something else…
but I couldn't help but put all my energy in thinking what the kid was
thinking.

Din't help though.. never does. A kid forgot that kids don't analyse.
They appeal straight to your soul and if you have a clean one you
might just appeal them.

I forgot, it was festival of lights, I forgot what had passed by, I
forgot everything, while we worship the goddess, my eyes were only
glued to this sweet thing.

And finally, kid smiled. Gave his tiny hand and I couldn't help but give mine.

That one moment, when he tenderly let go off her grandmother and
smoothly curled up in my arms is what made my day. He looked at me
with his innocent big curious eyes. Felt like someone looked through
me. I dropped all my pretensions and felt something else. Something I
can't put it words.

That tender touch and his head resting on my shoulder made me believe,
he trusts me, he likes me and his smile gave the brightest present for
the festival of light.

Kid found peace. Kid found his one reason to smile.

4 comments:

  1. way to go, dude!!
    the word "kid" is very dangerous and misleading.it can make and mar things."kido" began rather depressingly but opened the doors to a world of warmth and above all, faith in the unknown, in a larger perspective life.there is so much to explore and look forward to when you trust and learn to release.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me wish to go back when i cud smile for somethin as simple as that sans any hidden fears... Dolly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was wonderful. Knowing of the background of what you have written, can certainly understand your feelings.
    But will leave one comment - Behind this kid face is a very talented and mature individual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi kido... kem che???

    tu kab aa raha hai oye...

    ReplyDelete