Monday, October 21, 2013

Snowflakes

Like any other weekday morning, I ducked into coffee shop across the street and grabbed my medium roast coffee. As I stepped out to walk up to my office, I felt the chill in the air, and soon enough noticed the snowflakes settling down on my shoulders. The first ones of this winter...

For someone like me who comes from a warmer climate, a few years ago ‘snow’ in itself was a foreign concept and then snow in October was just unfathomably foreign concept. Now, it doesn’t seem that strange but I still need time to get used to it.

I shove my left hand deep in my pocket, take off the cup-sleeve and feel the full warmth of my cup of coffee. As I rush along the side-walk, I notice the trees. In fact, I notice lack of leaves, actually. Just the skeleton of branches, shivering in the wind as the snow settles on the trunks. 

And it strikes me, it is winter.

It is perhaps time to shed off all that has run its course. Some absurdities, heartaches, and even a few blunders that crept in, it is time to let them fall off so you could be ready for all things new, exciting, and challenging.

It is time to serenely embrace the new season and seek new activities, connections, and routines.

For now it’s time to seek warmth.


Neo 

No comments:

Post a Comment