Thursday, July 17, 2008

Selfish as I'm


I grew up in a nice decent neighborhood.

Good upbringing - garnished with Indian Culture, values and respect for elders and bla

But we all grow up

And when we do,

There is phase between

Your parents stop worrying for you and you don’t have to worry for them

And You become parent yourself and need to worry bout your kids

This is the phase I’m in

I have loved enough people

And guess enough have loved me or made me believe they did

Little over the period, everyone learns

‘Love yourself and rest will follow’

So have I learned.

I do see the flaw in it

Perhaps as much as you can

But you see it is going to take time

Oh hell lot of time

Till then I’m just gonna be me.

And perhaps, here is where I’m me

This is my space

I know I didn’t have to fight for it,

Google gave it to me for free

But doesn’t mean anyone can intrude

Words can mean much more than anything and anyone for me in life

But they lose their meaning without space and time parameters

I’m not William Shakespeare or Dante

My words aren’t timeless

They are as mortal as I’m

Without space and time coordinates

These words don’t mean a thing

And I walk the disposable path of time and space

So those coordinates start and end with me

What you read are nothing but tangents to infinity

I can’t stress enough how much appreciate you reading my blogs

I do

Feel free to draw parallels to my tangents, be my guest.

But please don’t try and find the origin

I’m flattered to read a comment on my insane inane ranting

I know every now and then I come up with a good piece,

I do crave for compliment then

Am just human

But I don’t trade explanation in return to compliments or curiosity

You live in same space as I do but

What is real for me isn’t real for u

what we see might be the same but

my feelings are only mine and I don’t owe them

not to you, not to anyone.

Neo

2 comments:

  1. what an autobiographical disclaimer!
    impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i saw it first! i saw it first! i saw it first! hehe...loved this...really cool way of saying 'i don't care.' Good going Nachi boy!

    ReplyDelete