Friday, June 6, 2008

Roomie

Sometime, I feel I’m the stupid ‘Mr. Know it All’


May that be life, work, future, friends or well, Room-mate.

Well, it was year back when a Punjabi guy brought up in Haryana moved in with me. Trust me, I dreaded how the hell we were going to live together.

I was calculative and for him ‘unnis-bis’ didn’t make any difference. I was this control freak that none of your clothes should be thrown on my bed, don’t bring your shoes into the room, keep the windows closed because mosquitoes will come in, be well dressed man-don’t walk around in bare minimums and blah blah bla…..

“This needs to be settled NOW”

I was like, “What the hell man? I’ve equal right.”

He said, “I’m speaking with the third guy and fine, I’ll move out. Big shit.”

He darted into the room and was throwing his clothes into his bag. Pretty much Bollywood style, I tell you.

And a few hours back, I was home, helping him pack.

Guess, some things change and they change for good.

When you subtract a bed from the room, minus all the clothes lying around and empty the whole cupboard next to yours-the room does look strange.

Was a fun day though, we raced our bikes from one traffic light to the other, we were downing a few beers, had sumptuous lunch, settled accounts and bid our farewell.

I always had this theory about room-mates, ‘When the next one moves in, you feel the last one was better.’

Well, let us say I feel little shallow about having such theory.


Neo

No comments:

Post a Comment