Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I do. I will. I’m done

Baby is born, it enters the world drenched in bodily fluids and mom’s blood
Parents and other are happy.

Kid starts growing up
Rather than saying I do understand, it asks why, why not, when, how, where, what…
Kids are not born intelligent but sure as death system and formal education ruins them.

Soon, kid gets into the habit of saying “I understand. I do”
Ok.
Fine.
Yes.

Some remain rebellious but
What follows in life brings them in line.
In line to obey
To accept
Take orders and act as expected

What follows in life ???
School. The beloved school teacher
Whom most of us believe completely and do as asked.
Peers, friends… and their expectations
Homework, tuition classes, sport schedules, GK books and family rituals.
Some remain still rebellious

Opening their horizons to a whole new world of
Youth. Insanity. Freedom. Energy.

There are things to follow then
Assignments, grades, future prospects, career planning, girlfriend-boyfriend issues.

Some still remain rebellious

They eventually go on to obey
‘Yes boss, brilliant idea.’
‘Yeah sweetheart. As you like it.’
‘mom but. I mean… emmm ok. So be it.’

Some still don’t change….

They fight their way through mediocrity
Ask some intelligent questions
Take some bold steps
Air some serious opinions
Take some ahead of the time decisions

Things follow them as well…

Beyond a certain point when they don’t see anything,
They find a girl and get married
Some find and Some don’t
Others keep looking

In any which way, they follow
I did
I do and
I will until they close their minds and hearts with ‘I’m done’

That is it. I’m done.

Neo.

1 comment: