Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Jet plane hasn’t arrived yet…

As I impatiently wait for my jet plane,

I hear the same old boring voice of an announcer… the departure of the flight IC209 has been delayed by one hour due to the late arrival of the incoming air craft…

And I wonder, why am I never at the end of the world from where I can board this incoming aircraft for once

Or am I not destined to board the aircraft that will depart on time

Or they fool with me and all of us when they announce “Incoming flight is late”

Or am just a fool who thinks and then thinks and then contemplates and then procrastinates

I don’t know

But here comes the favorite part…that lingering wait and losing battle with my non- existent patience.

When those thoughts refuse to leave your mind

When you remember that you started with days, then hours and then minutes and now you are counting seconds down

When cramped seats at the airport and non-functional wi-fi connection doesn’t bother you

When you forget about all the hassles

When you feel alone amidst of the crowd

When you sip on the coffee and wish you had it with someone

When you look at your mobile to check if you missed any call or sign of any new sms

When you look at the empty screen, silent screen of your laptop

And for second wonder, if it could speak what might it say to you

What all you might want to say to your laptop.

Somewhere at the bottom of your heart you are grateful to it …for being there and registering all you insane emotional ranting on the flickering silicon screen.

Am I leaving or am I going to arrive?

Am I coming to what I left a few days back?

Is there anyone waiting?

Will those moments last longer than this wait?

Will I feel I belong somewhere?

Guess, it is time to board.

Jet plane has arrived. Just like the aircraft doesn’t know to let its wings loose as it has landed at home or borrow some strength to depart for unknown, I don’t know it either.

Neo

No comments:

Post a Comment