Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What am I?

I’ve a sense of who I’m. At least a sense that is induced by socio-eco-geo factors…I’m a son to well educated, working, upper middle class parents. I’m a pass-out of a respected engineering college, I’m an employee of a big shot company, I’m member of this sports club and that photographic society and so on and I’m author of this blog.

I’ve reasons to believe that you folks can relate with me and hence if situation presents itself, we could be friends, colleagues, acquaintances, reader-writer and so on.

However, what I still can’t seem to figure out is …what am I?

At this moment, I feel, I’m this guy from the book ‘Alchemist,’ No, No, not Santiago, I wish. But this guy, who owned a shop on a hill and always wished and wondered to go to Mecca someday. Santiago works for him and earns enough money for him to go to Mecca, but he still refuses to go to Mecca.

Some people are dreamers but a different kind of dreamers, they do dream something moderately big and something that borders on extremely difficult to impossible but they don’t have the nerve and lack courageous creativity. They desire to have the desire to want the things badly and stretch themselves for it but they don’t really want the things because then there may not be anything left to stretch for.

Sadly enough, at this moment, I can only compare myself with that street dog. Dog that barks and howls and runs after the passing white car. Chases it wildly and gives it up somewhere just before the bend. Ever wondered why…

Because even if it ran and caught up with it, the dog wouldn’t know what to do with it…not to mention beyond the bend, dog would be out of his home turf.

Anyone of you ever felt so?

To say the least, this phase in life is a little Do(d)gy.

Neo

1 comment:

  1. Life's like that...we dream, we chase and we give up...
    And then when we sit to wonder, we know that it would have been no better to catch up with certain dreams...'coz, it's no use!

    ReplyDelete